CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Big news for Tim!

Last night my text message chime went off on my phone about 1:45 a.m. I completely ignored it, and then it actually rang at 2:10. I answered it - it was Tim calling to tell me he had found his birth mother! He's been looking for her casually since he was 18 (he's 25 now) and last night he woke up and couldn't go back to sleep so he did a Google search jsut for grins because he was bored, and he found her. He was born in New York City and adopted there and moved here when he was about 7. The totally amazing thing is that he got her name from the Google search and Googled her, and she lives in Winter Garden, Florida, which is ten minutes from where we live (right down the street from each other)! So he sent her an e-mail telling her that he was her son and if she didn't want to be contacted he wouldn't, etc. Well, about an hour later he received an phone call from her and they're going to meet today at 11:30!!! Can you imagine? I'm all aflutter and it's not even me! Several years ago the two of us went to New York for a vacation and while we were up there we went to the adoption agency where he was placed and got a bunch of information and they registered him to be found, but nothing ever came of it, so we both assumed that was the end of it. I'm just excited! I told him he needs to take a picture with his cell phone and send it to me. He said, "We'll see." Lol!

0 comments:

Post a Comment